Nothing beats the smell of freshly baked Christmas cookies… there’s something so cozy in the sights & smells of the holiday season that brings back wonderful memories and proceeds to create more.
Although, we can’t ALL be cooking every day, now can we? 😉 or have a real Christmas tree for that matter!
Well, I can’t help with the tree smell… but I can help with the smell of those freshly baked cookies with these Christmas Cinnamon Bird Ornaments!
You will need:
1 cup of cinnamon
1 tablespoon of all spice
1 tablespoon of ground cloves
1/2 – 1 cup of apple sauce
2 tablespoons of white glue
Bird cookie cutter or cut-out cardboard template
String or ribbon
1) Combine your dry ingredients and then add your apple sauce & glue. Combine these ingredients and mix until smoothly combined.
2) Roll out your dough onto wax paper or another safe non-stick surface you can cut on.
3) Using your cookie cutter or cardboard template (We found a silhouette online that we printed out, traced onto cardboard, and cut out) to shape your cookies. We used a craft knife to etch around the bird shape.
4) Create a small hole onto your shape for your string, keep in mind this is from where it will hang! 🙂
5) Set aside your cookie shapes on a flat surface, cookie pan, or rack to dry out completely before hanging.
6) When your cookies are completely dry (This can take days) then you are ready to thread your cookies to hang on your tree!
Let me tell ya, these ornaments smell amazing! I remember my mother used to make them when I was a child and they really made our home smell like Christmas… now I enjoy hanging them on my own tree!
If you liked this project you will want to be sure to check out these DIY holiday crafts:
Remember to ‘Pin’ to come back later!